RX5700XT rig not working, GPU not recognized

Interesting, so increasing the core to 1500 instead of the mem, now them are up to 52mh/s

I attempted to increase it more but them all hanged past 1500.
On the contrary, increasing the mem, past 930-1000 them all hangs.

That is weird. Core usually stops having much effect after 1350 or so. You would need to increase the voltage some to run at 1500 core I think. About 2/3 of mine run at 1850 memory, some are at 1830 and one is 1810 so it really does depend on the card.

You think it’s gonna damage then keeping the volt on 800?
I see no changes on hashrate from 800 to 900 or even 1000

800 mV is probably fine up to 1400 core or so. That shouldn’t affect the hashrate unless it is so low that the bios throttles the core back. It only changes power consumption normally.

I’m gonna leave them all on 1450 core / 900 mem / 850 mV.
I’ll see in 24 hours whats coming out.
Apparently the only way for me to have a decent hashrate is increasing the cores, as if i touch the mem over 930 them all hangs, one of them doesn’t even run at 930

1 Like

Bro y’all are crazy if you let your GPU’s run over 70C I try to keep mine below 70 and if I can I’ll keep them under 60C I don’t know where your miner is located but Lord have mercy 70C is hot AF.

1 Like

True.
I settled with 2 big fans for now.
One in front of the window, which I leave open h24, to bring air in.
And one directly at the GPUs at max speed.
With those I manage to keep them below 60°C.
That’s the most I can do. I doubt I can bring them lower than that, unless I go water cooling, but then cost gonna be just too much to even think about a minimum ROI.

I was talking about memory temperature. My gpu temp is around 55 C at the highest. Right now one GPU is at 50C and the memory is at 78 C.

that makes me feel better lol

1 Like

MM, when you talk about Temps are which one are you talking about? My AMD interface shows Temperature and Junction Temperature. Temps are 55-60 and my Junction Temps are 70-80.

Running Radeon VIIs btw. I have read that 25 degrees difference between the two is normal and I cant get my temps down much more than that. Any lower on my voltage and she shuts down. You should a seen it when it was running KawPow…Geez.

that is a good question too bad I do not have an answer lol I am not sure what HiveOS displays

What is displayed in miners and what people talk about most is just regular GPU temperature. My junction temps are about 8 degrees C higher than GPU temp. 70-80 sounds a little warm but maybe that is just how Radeon VIIs run. AMD claims they are good to 110 C junction temp and that is where the bios starts to throttle. I won’t be testing that claim though.

I know right? I am not willing to spend 600.00 to see if they are correct or not. in KawPow I did see it top out at 104 when I forgot to turn on the fan, sorta freaked me out

the XT versions also go by the hotspot temp before throttling so they will have different temps and fans speeds than non XT’s this is why they sometimes have trouble displaying the fan speed in some operating systems

Often listed as PEG in the BIOS