Should I buy the Bitmain Antminer K5 Nervos CKB ASIC miner?

I am 19 and thinking to setup antminer k5 as a start my elecity cost is 0•10$
Help because i don’t want to dump my investment

What are your expectations once you receive this miner?

Let’s review current projected mining profitability of the Bitmain Antminer K5, and keep in mind this miner only mines the eaglesong mining algorithm, with only applies to Nervos CKB (currently and likely, ever.)

That’s factored via AMV w/ 10 cent per kilowatt hour electric rate (10c x 1 kWh)

Bitmain does not have the Antminer K5 listed in their official Bitmain shop anymore, so the only options are second hand purchases at this point. We are currently working with CoinMiningCentral and have had good results with them in the past. So let’s take their price on the Bitmain Antminer K5, which is comparable to the other listed resellers.

Personally, especially in the crypto mining market over the last 2 years, I like to estimate low. So let’s say you cleared $5 dollars of profitability, a day with the Antminer K5 – Example you mined $8.79 dollars a day, your electric cost you $3.79, so you clear $5 of coins. Assuming a relative flat-line in Nervos Ckbytes price, you would earn ~$1,800 dollars over the next 365 days or year.

I’d estimate you’ll breakeven (often confused with ROI) on the Bitmain Antminer K5 in about 1 year. Is that appealing to you? If yes, then it sounds like the Bitmain Antminer K5 would be a good gamble, I mean purchase, for you. If not, then no I don’t think the Bitmain Antminer K5 is a good buy for you.

We are hoping and expecting to receive a Bitmain Antminer K5 to review within the next week thanks to CMC, if you’d like you can wait until we get an Antminer K5 to provide real world mining profitability with it mining CKB.

Note - I also edited the topic title for you so others can quickly understand your question and chime in.
“Know nothing about mining -> Should I buy the Bitmain Antminer K5 Nervos CKB ASIC miner?”

2 Likes

Thank you so much sir
Then which miner should i buy as i am having around $2000 to invest and i want to work in crypto currency mining as in india the price of electricity is low and very few people are interested in crypto mining

All I know is around the end of March my F1 mini plus went from making 150 CKB per day down to about 100 CKB per 4 days. Network has skyrocketed.

Will this eventually affect the profitability of these ASIC’s?

So, is your goal to try to maximize profit? Nice Hash and What To Mine both have profitability calculators: https://www.nicehash.com/profitability-calculator
https://whattomine.com/

You can plug in different hardware and see what numbers seem appealing to you. The market today isn’t what it was during the boom of a few years ago, you can’t just plug in hardware and have it rain money anymore (unfortunately). What sort of time frame are you hoping to make your investment back in? Do you want something that you might be able to resell at some point, or are you planning on running whatever you buy until it dies?

No i don’t want to resell any of my product. Know tell me more about hardwares

Surprisingly my Bitmain Antminer K5 was actually just delivered, if you’d like to read my initial impressions on the miner here’s my review on the first 4 hours mining with it
Imgur

1 Like

Algorithms. FPGA’s are limited in what they can mine due to a limited supply of algorithms. I’ve experienced the same problem with my F1mini+ FPGA’s. I switched to other algorithms and pools but not having any success either finding shares (very frequency related) or pools that actually work. I shut them down for a while, but now using them to test different coins (very limited), pools, and frequencies. I can get them to sing with CKB, but still non-profit

1 Like

So k5 is reliable according to you
I know some people who can arrange it for me . Should I buy it or search for another one

I’m totally buying one once I can go back to work and get a sexy 2 week paycheck.

I cannot give financial advice, and I really struggle to recommend any specific miners in the tough world economy state as well as somewhat prolonged cryptocurrency bear market. However I don’t think that the bitmain antminer K5 is a “bad buy” but I am still confident in my estimate that with a residential electric rate and no crazy CKB price movements you’re likely to breakeven on this miner purchase in a year.

Breaking even on crypto mining hardware is really appealing to some people, and not appealing at all to some others. It’s really up to you and what level of financial risk you want to incur.

Speaking of the Bitmain Antminer K5, here are my mining earnings with it so far.

The hashrate of the Bitmain Antminer K5 when measured poolside has not been as consistent as some of the other antminers we have reviewed before, however its still fine overall. The 24 hour hashrate is not matching the advertised 1130 gh/s from Bitmain, which normally their miners do perform as advertised or better. This is -40 gh/s of the 1130 gh/s (1091).

Here’s our Bitmain Antminer K5 mining Nervos CKB in the VoskCoin garage mining farm.
Imgur

2 Likes