To buy or not to buy an L7

Just seeing if anyone has any thoughts on the L7’s. Do you think they will continue to hit the 100 dollar-ish mark made per day or do you think it might slip lower when all these L7’s start coming online? How does everyone feel about LTC as well? The value of the coin has been holding pretty well and you can obviously merge mine that coin with Doge.

You can still roi in half the time with the equivalent number of L3 miners

too spendy for me, I’m sticking with my small army of L3+ for now.

But what happens to L3 profitability when L7s start coming on line?

I would take into consideration how much power you have available. If you only have x amps available at your panel then the L7 does have a major advantage

Yeah. I’m thinking the same thing. Especially with what might happen to the mini doge box

I’m not worried about the power part of it. I’m just curious if you guys think the average profit it’s saying it makes now, will that hold or do you think it will drop?

Soooooo 18-19 miners?

2 L7 sounds more efficient, and you get your ROI faster than 19 L3+ combined :wink:

I feel extremely lucky for having the opportunity to get 2 L7, for $14k each back in July trough Compass Mining.

Let’s hope that my 2 L7 don’t get delay past their Jan 10 hashing day.
:crossed_fingers: :slightly_smiling_face:

That ROI only works because you got a great deal. However if you bought 14 L3s in July and have been hashing since then you would still be better off with the L3s. You lost 6 months of hashing and your money was locked away doing nothing for you unfortunately.

1 Like

That is true, however, if I got the 14 L3s I would have to find a location to power them up (My apartment is not an option, plus I would have to work on the electrical part for it as well).

With Compass they already provide co location facilities for my 2 L7, so they take care of the setup on my behalf.

Now is true that I lost 6 month of hashing already, and probably will lose some more due to possible delays due to facility availability and readiness, so lets hope and see I get hashing on Jan 10.
:crossed_fingers: :grin:

Depends on what u pay for power, and how much u can deal with :P… personally in my situation, I WOULDNT. i can spend that on something else , and double/tripple my income for same price

You did get lucky on the price, but I’m a little doubtful on Compass getting all this set for for the masses. I personally think they oversold on what they can offer. They are hamstrung by chip shortages and everything else going on.

You wouldn’t what? And you would spend your money on what?

I am suspicious of the profitability of the L7. I get two vastly different answers depending on who’s calculator I’m looking at. ASICminervalue.com says $100 per day, whereas coinwarz rates the same hashrate per power consumption as around $35 per day? What gives? Why is there this discrepancy? Plus, there’s only around 600 days before the rewards start to half for LTC. This is what’s holding me back from going all in on them. Maybe I might just witch to CKB mining instead, considering they have a lot they can still pump, and considering that many current ETH miners might switch to mining that after ETH goest to PoS.

yeah, I went the L3 + S17 route. It’s better to have the L3 in the barn hashing away right now than have to wait months and months. Learned that lesson buying into the bobcat scam. By the time it arrived and was setup it was months past the initial halfing and now it’s just a piece of junk burning more power than producing revenue.

1 Like

Don’t even get me started on the helium scam. I’m still waiting for my 3 units……