Upcoming Antminer L7

Any update on antminerdistribution ?

I have not had that experience. The L7’s are available.

You are so lucky

I just wanted to provide everyone with an update on the Antminer L7 9500MH . . . I ordered directly from Bitmain and was notified that the 9500MH will be 9050MH.

I was asked to create a new order for the 9050MH and they offered to refund me the difference in price. The 9500MH model was $12,800 and the 9050MH was $12,194. So they offered me a refund of $606 for the price difference due to the slower hash rate.

I’m not sure how this will affect those that bought the 9160MH model. But I know that my order is shipping from China in the next two weeks and I’ll have to pay around 30% import tax, being that I’m in the US. Just wanted to share my experience and let everyone know that the L7 miner DOES exist and will be released shortly.

3 Likes

Thank you for the update. Everyone has been waiting for this beast to come including myself.

Great to hear. I ordered the 9160 model as that was all there was at that time.

When was yours due? Nov or Dec

Still have 7 of 18 that my sources made available to sell, 11. With homes, 7 unaccounted for, $21,500 per

With Chinese new year starting Mon, if not shipped by then I would not expect until the end of New year which is Feb 1. I’ll believe it when I see it. Same story all month and still nothing delivered. Theyre too busy “testing” to ship out.

:man_shrugging:t2: Don’t shoot the messenger

1 Like

I ordered mine in July, 2021 for the Nov batch. I’m guessing the Dec batch might come out by late Feb, early March tbh. It wouldn’t surprise me if that hash rate was around 8500MH, rather than 9160 as advertised.

So an update on the arrival of my Antminer L7 . . . I was notified by Bitmain that it shipped out on 28 January and was last scanned in Shenzhen, China. I was contacted by UPS to let me know there would be an import duty of just over $370 on 1 February. Bitmain actually listed the miner as a server and put a value of $3,175 on the invoice.

I was ecstatic about this amount and paid within 30 mins of receiving the bill from UPS. I waited a day or so for the delivery date information to me updated. This is where things start to go sideways . . .

I’ve imported miners before and never had any issues with customs (paid or not). There is always a record of when packages arrive, go through customs, and are then released by customs. The carrier then delivers the cleared item and everyone is happy. What happened in my case is that UPS doesn’t show the arrival scan of my miner and just lists that the import taxes were paid.

I called their customer service on 5 February to out wtf is going on with the deliver, since it had been four days since the tracking information was updated. They told me that the package was LOST!!!

I was e-mailed a claims form to fill out and an investigation is currently open to find the package. Customer service did tell me that the package arrived to the US and was even scanned at the airport in my home state. But for some reason, that information and anything indicating customs clearance isn’t showing on UPS’ website.

This is a $13,000 order that mysteriously went “missing” and UPS doesn’t show the arrival scan or customs info for the package . . . I call bullshit. I think this package was stolen by someone who knew exactly what an L7 miner is (it says that on the customs form that Bitmain e-mailed me), so there’s no secret what’s in the box that has the Bitmain logo on the side.

This is the weirdest experience that I’ve ever had importing a miner from China and dealing with complete nightmare of possibly never getting my order. UPS is supposedly going to reimburse me for the purchase price of the miner, but that doesn’t come close to covering the lost income potential that I would make with this miner.

My advice - NEVER ship UPS from China. DHL is so much more reliable and provides better customer information on their website. I’ll keep you guys updated if UPS finds the package or whatever the outcome is of the claim.

But so far, I’ve searched YouTube and no one worldwide has posted an unboxing video of the L7. I have yet to see any proof that anyone actually has gotten their hands on a miner from this first batch. We’ll see if this machine turns out to be real or if it’s just one big sham.

1 Like

My question would be is UPS giving you what Bitmain had listed as value $3175 if the package isn’t found? And will you get the $370 back?

1 Like

Same question…will they cover purchase price or declared value? Definitely an interesting scenario…

1 Like

That’s the first thing that went through my mind. Horrible situation to be stuck in. And to feel helpless is a understatement. I’ve had really good luck with UPS and horrible luck with DHL. But now it has me questioning UPS.

1 Like

I sent UPS the official invoice that has the real price. I never communicated with Bitmain about the declared value; that was completely their decision to put that price. We’ll see what happens with the claim. I would assume that they would reimburse me for the import duty too, since they were the ones that lost the package AFTER I paid.

1 Like

Even if I am fully refunded what I paid for the machine, that miner is so profitable that I’ll be out tens of thousands of dollars of lost profit. L7s are going for $25-30k now on the secondary market, which is an insane price to pay imo.

2 Likes

I hope all works out in your favor and maybe they will find it….I’m sure you much rather have your miner versus a refund. Good luck

1 Like

I received an update from UPS early this morning. The package was found in their warehouse in China and the miner is on its way to the states. I’m not sure how UPS ever thought it was lost or made it to my home state, but hopefully I should have the miner in just a few days.

2 Likes

I ordered a miner yesterday and UPS is the shipping company…now I’m a nervous wreck but it’s not near the price you spent. I’ve had the best dealings with fedex. I’m not a fan of DHL at all and this will be the first out of 10 that’s been shipped UPS.

1 Like

I ordered two 1246’s and one of them had a busted lower exhaust fan, UPS shipped them. When DHL shipped my 1166 pro it was fine.

1 Like