Upcoming Antminer L7

Good day peeps

I bought the L7 antminer 9.16Ghz 3 weeks ago for $21940 .
i am guessing i paid a lot after going through the comments , some people bought it for $14000 .
However when i purchased it the profitability was $134/day , now it shows $97/day which is not bad as a 8 monthe ROI.
I used bt miners and they were really helpful and quick .
Can some of the experts share their insights ?

Thanks

1 Like

Sunynka, you seem to have some of the best-informed comments in this thread. I will share some of my knowledge to further your argument.

Home mining (as opposed to co-location) from a financial standpoint makes sense if the overall total cost is lower than that of co-location. The main costs to consider are:
Real estate - which can be offset if you own the place or rent it
Electricity rates - if they’re ever higher than co-location rates then its almost always better to go with co-location
Mining equipment costs - if the co-location has a good package then sometimes its worth it
State taxes if any - this is the silent killer of profits. For example, Nebraska has 4-6% whereas Texas has 0%

I’m glad you were able to get the miners and you’re on your way to getting them running. Was this the purchase price with tariffs and shipping included? and did you have to pay all upfront or part of it when its installed?

I assume that Compass Mining included that on the price (shipping, setup, tariff, etc…)

As far as paying for it, I had to pay up front for the whole miner, plus a one month deposit, plus security deposit, plus fees.

I had to convert my money from US Dollars to USDC, so there are transactions fees included there to pay in stable coins.

I talked to Compass and they told me their price includes all tariffs and taxes, so you should be ready to roll in January. Exciting, those are top-of-the-line machines. I am going to try and get in if they put them up for sale again.

BTW, you said you paid for miners, deposits, and fees. What fees were those and how much if you don’t mind me asking?

Transaction fees, since I paid with USD Coins using my coinbase account.

All websites that do have them listed are out of stock. So I decided to look on Alibaba and found (2) L7 9500 3425W for $32,400 and would get it by 11/1.

The company which is selling the L7’s is listed as Verified Supplier and Trade Assurance

Only thing has me “eh” is the video they posted shows LT5 Pro lol

I live in Boston btw. Renting 1Bed Apartment
Electric at 0.11 Rounded

That sounds awfully expensive. Of course $18 or $20k USD sounded expensive too. Try looking at L7 9160 mh/s models shipping in December, should still be able to find options at $20k USD (or just under). I see them still in stock regularly in the “Hardware Market Verified Listings” group in Telegram (t.me/Hardwaremarketchannel).

In Telegram watch usernames very closely and try to verify via 2nd or 3rd communication method before sending any crypto. I had a good experience with Joyson Hu (@akminer) of AKminer (t.me/akminerrack) with an S19, but we’ll see about L7’s on order.

I also had ultimately good experience with Patrick of “Antminer Distribution Europe B.V.” (http://www.antminerdistribution.com). They claimed to have L7 9500 mh/s in stock, and accepted my crypto, then said due to supply issue they could only refund or offer L7 9160 mh/s with partial refund. I couldn’t be 100% certain this was not a deliberate bait and switch scheme, but I talked with Patrick on the phone and we had many emails and ultimately I was happy with the outcome (so far). Have to reserve final judgement until delivery goes smoothly in a month or two.

The extra month will give you more time to figure out and implement (or at least plan in great detail) yours solutions for power, heat, and noise.

Good luck!

1 Like

Personally I would stay away from Alibaba if I where you…

Anybody know when did bitmain started taking orders ?

maybe consider the noise level, if you want to use them in your apartment. If its rented, you might also need to check if your electrical grid can handle the load… vosk made a video for that to just show the basics

Not to put the Cat amongst the pidgeons but I’ve thought about buying several L7’s with the current rate of return but will thousands of these machines coming onto the blockchain all within three months or so raise the hashrate up and difficulty so high that profits are reduced and machines like the l3+ become redundant or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Where did u buy them!! Im looking for a secure place to buy at least 10.

Thx u!!

I secured a preorder yesterday … now today ALL preorder sales are cancelld

atleast for me and my supplier… :smiley: gues i jacked the last order lol

1 Like

Where did u buy it? in https://cryptosupply.de/?

ordered this is for someone else … i buy my stuff through my own supplier in shenzhen

1 Like

but as of last night they asked me not to adertise anymore L7 due to all orders being closed until further notice

Oh, good to know. Can you check your dm, I have sent you a private message, thanks!

Hi Sunynka - How were you able to get your hands on Antminer L7?

Compass Mining had them available for $14,350 back in July 15, I got 2 of them scheduled to go online by Jan 10.