Very Poor Experience with DesertValleyAsics (@cryptominernv)

To be clear, things weren’t perfect from my end either, but I did not break any terms. I am also not a seller. In the end, you be the judge.

I will minimize both his and my personal info in this post out of common decency.

Extremely disappointed and, frankly, sad, especially at the treatment by @cryptominernv - arrogant, condescending, and rude - even when he clearly knew he was wrong.

It sucks that I have to even post this, but I know how much I appreciate and rely on forum feedback, and I sincerely hope this experience helps everyone on the forum to make an informed decision.

Placed an order for a KD-Box Pro and planned to buy another 3-4 if this first transaction went smoothly. I chose to pay with Zelle. This is where it all went south.

During checkout, his terms of payment, after you place the order, clearly state the following:
"Payment needs to be received within 24 hours, otherwise your order will be canceled."

Apparently my Zelle payment required a debit card PIN. I forgot it. This was 100% on me, and my fault. However, I was still in the 24-hour payment window. The banks were closed at this point, so I made an appointment for the next morning to reset the PIN. This would have been well within the 24-hour payment window. I had the funds, everything would have been done on time.

• Friday, 12:17 PM. Order Confirmed. Time to Pay: 24 hours, expiring Saturday 12:17 PM.

• Friday, 1:45 PM. I let him know that I need to get my debit card PIN as I don’t remember it and will send a note when I am done. I have 24 hours, shouldn’t be an issue (I think).

• Friday, 11:27 PM (3 minutes before midnight): He checks in to see where my payment is. I am exhausted from work, have a small kid who is sick at home and who has kept me up all night the previous night, and am now asleep.

• Saturday, 01:57 AM (2 hours later): He emails me to tell me that I no longer need to pay because he canceled my order.

I didn’t see the cancelation email in the morning. Sick small kid at home, I had almost no time, I spent all morning finding an open branch and resetting the PIN, and finished well before the expiration of the 24-hour payment period. Was ready to pay, all within the allotted time.

Here is what happened after I confronted him about canceling the order (excerpts from emails):

"First of all, I don’t have these miners with me in my possession, so I can’t hold it for you forever. I’ve asked you if you could just make the payment via crypto, and obviously, you ignored my email."

• Obviously I didn’t ignore his email. He emailed 3 minutes before midnight. I was asleep. No one is asking him to hold the miner forever, just for the 24-hour payment period specified by him on his own site.

"Oh maybe if you had given me a heads up with what you were dealing with BEFORE 11:27pm YOUR TIME things could’ve turned out differently? Did you let me know in advance that you were having issues with your pin? Am I obligated to hold the miner when you didn’t make full payment?"

• Yes, DesertValley, you are obligated to hold the miner if you specify a 24-hour payment window to make the full payment. If you wanted a shorter payment window, then specify a shorter one. Look at Bobcat or other places, many require that payment be made within 1-2 hours of order placement. It’s fine if that’s what you want, but don’t back out of your own terms of service written in black and white on your own website during checkout. I had a sick kid at home so I focused on that, passed out, and was going to pay in the morning, well within the 24-hour window.

Anyway, at this point I obviously got very upset, and my language matched his in our emails. I wish it didn’t happen. Again, I’m no angel and have no intent to portray myself that way.

The main point is this: If he is this arrogant, rude, and combative during the order process, and is willing to break payment terms he clearly spells out on his own website (a contract), I can only imagine what happens if there are real shipping or malfunction issues.

Maybe he is feeling good on a random day and everything works out well for you. But anyone who treats their customers with this kind of arrogance and contempt, and is willing to break his own terms - spelled out on his own website - this easily, is not a reliable partner on average/over the long term.

I am sure he has friends who will say their transactions went well (as he boasted in his emails). Yours may go well also, but given the experience above, I wouldn’t trust anyone who behaves that way. Your call.

This is about fairness. If @cryptominernv admits that he was wrong - and that he broke his own terms of payment - he will show that he finally gets it, and this post will be removed.

Ordered from Desert Valley and everything went smooth and well on both our parts.

1 Like

apparently he has been hit or miss. personally i wouldnt buy anything in this space, unless its through an escrow, CC, or someone you personally know and trust. with that being said, asic reselling (and in my opinion for the most is part, doesnt actually help the community, and just creates higher prices for everyone) is a cutthroat business that is very unpredictable. so most smaller people cant waste time, they need to go go go or be undercut right away.

1 Like

Desert Valley has been an active community member of the Vosk Forum, with many many many individuals happy with their purchase and customer experience.

2 Likes

So he didn’t hold your order due to your mistake and then you got your feelbads hurt. You could have just ordered again when you got the pin.

You’re ten ply bud.

5 Likes

I’ve placed 2 orders with DVA and Martin has been great to deal with. Sucks that you had a bad experience.

2 Likes

I agree with this, unfortunately.

1 Like

I tried, but the shipping was pushed way farther than
the original shipping timeline.

DesertAsicsValley …The guy keeps emailing me, threatening to “Anyway, i’ll see you soon”

Also accused me of completely bonkers stuff. For example, this guy writes: “I emailed you 3 min before midnight and asked if you can pay via crypto? What a blatant lie. lol you do realize I have all the records of email exchanges right?”

No, DesertValley, you emailed me 3 minutes before midnight to see where my payment was, not to see if I could pay via crypto. See my original post. In fact you do have all the records of email exchanges, so what is the point of making things up? I just don’t get it.

I am starting to think that this guy lives in his own reality and simply cannot admit when he is wrong. It just doesn’t register with him. Or he is that insecure. All he had to do was admit that he was wrong, and move on, at least that would have been respectable.

Anyway, if this is the kind of seller you want to buy from, and the type of customer service you want to receive - where the seller breaks his own terms of payment, accuses you of making things up, makes things up himself, and is generally an arrogant, rude, condescending person, that’s fine, and God speed. Wish I never heard about this guy.

Thanks for the post. Yeah, it does suck. Hope your future stuff goes well.

You know what I find this just odd an weird……
Dude own up to your end an stop making your excuses of not having your DEBIT pin….yo it’s your debit pin not your Netflix log in. Everyone knows their debit pin and their social and their birthday….
Take up ownership of yourself….
Don’t be coming down the forum with your own drama.
Say your piece and be on with it….
Keep it civil……your pushing way too hard.
Buddy that’s the way the world works….you both are responsible.
He protected his business……anyone in their right mind would put their business in consideration.
Like someone already mentioned, you slipped he slipped….repurchase an be on with it.
We all been through some fumble, it all comes down how well you rebound yourself.

I just found it annoying how your stressing your own points out……definitely didn’t sound like a review, bummer too good and bad reviews are healthy to the community

3 Likes

@iSnowy You’re absolutely right. I did screw up with not having the PIN on hand. I edited the original post to emphasize this point. Frankly, I’ve never needed to use it as I always used a CC for larger transactions, but I guess the bank required it for Zelle transactions over a certain amount. In any case, you are right.

That said, I never broke my terms of payment. That’s what gets me. How can you trust a seller who gives you 24 hours to pay, without any other requirements, and then cancels basically half way through, and refuses to admit that he broke his own terms?

1 Like

@NachLibre How is it my mistake if he gives you 24 hours to pay, and I was well within those 24 hours? He canceled half way though that period.

Do you feel better now? I guess the moral here is have money to pay or the guy cancels you order. Makes sense and thanks for the heads up.

@NachLibre Respectfully, do you feel better? I easily had the money within the 24 hours he stipulates the payment must be made, per his payment terms. Again, I easily would have paid in the morning, well within 24 hours. I hope that this is clear. I am not sure what you are missing or confused on.

He canceled the order half way through the payment period and proceeded to tell me how it was my fault.

If you don’t see an issue with this, or are OK with that kind of a seller, you do you. Thanks for the heads up.

1 Like

Feedback of ASIC miner resellers is critical, this is a reminder for all parties to be respectful

5 Likes

:point_up_2:I Agree! Honest reviews, good or bad are very needful.

4 Likes

First of all, I’d like to say that constructive criticisms are important to this community but not a flat-out false accusation. It’s very unfortunate what had happened between two parties, but I’d say it’s also important to share my side of the story.

I find it very disturbing that @Meow who never had an account this whole time, all of a sudden creates an account to defame me and my business by spreading false accusations and trying very hard revising and deleting what he had written back and forth because he became so emotional. Who knows? Maybe he has another account under a different name that he uses daily that he doesn’t want people to know?

I’ll refer @Meow as “Mr. V. Here is the screenshot of what Mr. V deleted. I wonder why? Mr. V, did you delete it because after realizing how hot headed you were, you finally had come to realization that you made a mistake?

You keep labeling me as arrogant, condescending and rude. I came off very condescending when you asked me if I could take CC payment? You may want to go back to your dictionary and look up the word “condescending”, “arrogant”, “rude” and its meaning and use it appropriately.

Mr. V, @meow Where in this email exchange do you see me being condescending towards you? Where do you see me being rude and combative? Were you upset because you couldn’t accumulate your “valuable” chase points? Or, were you upset because I didn’t sell you this miner for 5K like you wanted? Honestly, I can care less how you transacted in the past. That’s not my business.

Mr. V, you asked me this question after I explained to you why I didn’t accept a CC,

This is how I replied,

Crypto industry is built on trust. I’ve asked you to go look at my feedbacks on trustpilot and on vosk forum before making your final decision.

You asked me couple more questions related to tax and power supply. Then you went ahead and made your purchase. I then shared my Zelle info with you. That’s it, no more, NADA. This was the entire order process. Does this look like a condescending, arrogant, rude, and combative reply to you? Seriously, you need to go get some help. I’m not kidding.

Picture1

Mr. V, @Meow I was in no way obligated to hold your miner because you didn’t pay. The miner was not in my possession. I’ve had so many individuals turn down on their orders without keeping their promises. How was I sure that you’d follow through with your purchase, especially when you’ve gone dormant? I consider protecting my business and my money more important than selling a miner to someone who isn’t serious.

Just like buyers, sellers also look for serious buyers. Unfortunately, you didn’t fall into that category.
Was I wrong? It all depends on how you look at it. Just like others have recommended, all you had to do was place another order and wait. Plain and simple. Or simply just move on to buy it elsewhere.

Mr. V, @Meow the main point is this: You are an emotional, combative, 100 ply bud who doesn’t know how to communicate like an adult.
Please don’t worry about how I operate my business. You’re the first person to cause this much trouble, acting like a little boy inside an adult’s body. This is the reason why there is “FAQ” along with “Terms and Conditions” for everyone to read.

After I saw what you had written, I sent you an email and accused you of lying. This was the reply I got from you. Seems to me that you need to take an anger management class. Very immature and emotional indeed. Surely, this doesn’t look like someone who is levelheaded.

Oh yes, apparently you did tell the vosk community that I sent you an email 3 minutes before midnight and asked you to pay via crypto. Let me show you again.

Three minutes before midnight? It was 11:45am my time. It was “after” you placed an order. I sent you this email because you’re the one that told me you were going to use crypto in the beginning. I honestly felt it wasn’t necessary to use zelle because it would take additional time to process your order.

Ever since I asked you if you could just pay via crypto, you didn’t give me any updates. No text, no email, until the following day. So, tell me how I was being rude and combative during the order process? If you had given me a heads up, a text, an email, or whatever ensuring that you were going to follow through and show me that you were serious, I would’ve gone beyond my boundary and made sure the miner was held and not sold to another individual.

Ok……so Mr. V @Meow , you felt threatened by this post because I said, “see you soon”. Nice job playing the typical “victim” card. Isn’t it so ironic because you were the one threatening to write false negative reviews on the vosk forum knowing that I wouldn’t be able to write any rebuttals immediately?

Finally, Mr. V @Meow, please don’t bring your “kid” into this drama. Most of us with small kids are going through what you are experiencing during this “pandemic” period. You’re not the only dad in this world. Go vent your frustration and anger elsewhere. From one dad to another, I’d like to recommend that you go sign up for a gym membership and do some workouts. It really will help you with your stress and anxiety, seriously.

I hope my side of the story would shed some light into what “really” happened between Mr. V and Desert Valley Asics.

1 Like

My limited feedback from speaking with @cryptominernv was positive.
I asked @cryptominernv the same question about using a CC, he clearly explained to me why he does not take CC at this time. Basically because of potential charge back problems. I have been told the same by other suppliers. At no time was @cryptominernv rude or arrogant towards me.
Like I said my experience was very limited but I thought i would share.

1 Like

Not gonna lie. I love the drama. But @cryptominernv sounds reasonable. People who keep hammering on the credit card as a payment option, should know better. It’s a pain in the ass for merchants. Especially if you offer services or products within the cryptocurrency industry.

2 Likes