Want to build my first Mining rig

Awesome. Thank you.

What kind of software setup should I do. Was going to run windows and attach the rig to Nicehash. But I see there are so many different ways.

Really just want to get it stable from the beginning

from begining runing on windows 10 it will be more aesy to learning how it working overclock and undervoltage later you can move to linux im not sure or on linux working mixed gpus never try as dont have any nvidia

4GB cards won’t be able to mine ETH at all in a few months due to the DAG size. You can run the 570 and the 1060 on the same rig.

1 Like

i recommend for begining use h81 pro btc,celeron or pentium cpu,4gb ram as for really stable run recommended use onboard video and gen2 for pcie slots if you have 4gpu dont use 16x slot as will possible jumping hash rate, h81 have vga and hdmi port. mining software using nicehash miner it simple to use. i have before h81 now i change all rigs to h110

1 Like

im already sold 3x h81. keep only 1x h81 for testings,bios mods and for os flashing

will be made testing ring for 1x or 2x gpu, h81,i3cpu 8gb ram

1 Like

Thank you sounds good

i recommended to do same buy h81 with celeron or pentium for learning and testing after buy h110 and build biger rig as you will have h81 and everything what you done on his your ring with mixed gpus you can move to properly rig it will be good to learn for you as you have amd+nvidia so setting will be different

dont know how in your country but in my country h81 with celeron and 4gb cost between 40-60usd

power supply around 800-850watt enough power up 4gpus rig as any way you lowering voltage dont buy for begining something expensive and keep watch my post you will see soon some more interesting thinks about profit. dont forget you need to keep check how much you spend for etch part and how long take time your hardware to return money with you spend faster your rig return money faster you earnings going in to your pocket or for buy more stuff. my rigs basically free as i buy it from btc profit so im not really care it make 1eur per month or 100 it wiil be still free money important think to keep rig make profit

1 Like

@Scoobylaw this asus 250?

If so check this out? We had 12 x 1060 3gb running no worries on it. With that being said there comes a point you do have to mix GPU on this if you are wanting more than 13 I think. (MINING ONLY and REGULAR)

@nynm yup, this is the board. It will be 3x6gb GT1060 and 2x 8gb Rx570. It’s the best I can do with what I have. Will be asking for setup advice soon once all components are together if everyone is cool with that

1 Like

@Asiukas6 I have a RX1200 cobra power PSU, was running my gaming PC but is overkill, so thought I’d use it for mining instead

1 Like

count powe usage for gpus plus extra 75watt for etch riser you shut dont run psu more of 80% for safety

@nynm geez what a beastie that looks. what’s up with the 3 MB power connectors?

It’s a good board - I use one with 9 GPUs at the moment and will be taking it up to 18 when I get some new PSUs.

The three ATA 24 pin connectors are a pre-configuration to allow you to attach 3 PSUs to this motherboard. Connector A on the right takes your main PSU that powers the CPU, SSD etc as well as the GPUs and risers for the first group of PCI-E connectors. PCI-E Group A consists of the 16x and 6 x 1x PCI-E slots (three either side of the 16x slot). When you want to add and power more GPUs, you simply plug in a PSU to ATA Connector B and it can be used to power the risers and GPUs plugged into the B group of PCI-E slots (the next two rows of 1x slots). Connector C then powers the last 6 GPUs giving you a total of 19 if you wish.

1 Like

Silly question. My Risers have 6 pin plugs, can I just use sata to 6pin or is there something else I should do?
Thanks in advance

yes but no more 2x risers per wire. some wire have like 3-4x sata connectors recommended max 2x plugs or 1x plug per wire as some psu have more of 1 wire

yes but no more 2x risers per wire. some wire have like 3-4x sata connectors recommended max 2x plugs or 1x plug per wire as some psu have more of 1 wire. best way split pcie plug and power up with same wire gpu and riser

I think I’m getting there. PSU has availability for 6 cards. I have the sata cables to accommodate 2 Risers per cable. Now I just need the sata to 6 pin for the Risers themselves and I can get this rig started. Thanks for all the advice and help to date. Very grateful

so if been trying. The board boots, but there is 0 video from the on board vga. I also see the on board molex that is by the pcie slot won’t work as it can’t connect and have a graphics card plugged in. Meh, I’m bleak. Anyone point out where I went dumb please.