What did you do today crypto related? 🚀

Good to see you back! I thought you won the lotto and couldn’t go under the name budget miner :rofl:

2 Likes

Hah! I wish! If I ever win the lottery, btc block or otherwise I will still be a budget miner :laughing:

1 Like

Okay so this is actually pretty exciting. haha You all know I’m a Kadena freak. There was a cyber attack on the Kadena nodes which caused like 90% of the pools to go down. I think it was probably an attack for someone to short the crypto and profit but it backfired. It had like a 5% drop and followed by a nice surge, so I’m hoping if that was the point in the DDos attack that they got wrecked on their shorts. Kind of exciting though. Poolflare was the only pool that was still hashing and the rewards were temporarily exponential. Heres a pic of the foreman log on one of the miners, you can see the node attack before I switched pools.

3 Likes

Got my AL0 today. Got it hashing right away as that hashrate is going to moon. Switched my 3 KS0-Pros to solo mine as they are currently making nothing on the pool. Can’t hurt to try that for a month. Shame that by the time they got way down here one at a time the freight costs made them all cost a lot. Here is my KS0-Pro experience to date. They averaged USD $692 each, plus freight. They have been on K1pool for 146 days profit switching between KAS and SDR. Taking the price on the day it was mined, they have each earned $128 USD, or calculated at ‘coins X current price’ it’s $148 USD. I was never expecting ROI in 146 days, but I was hoping for break even for longer than that. I still have the a couple of Ultras and a KA-Box Pro on the pool.
I’m going in to AL0 well aware it might happen again, and I’m expecting 8X on the hashrate at least. I just hope it flattens for longer than KAS did. All those 5 series machines have taken the home miners out on KAS if you have KS0 or KS0 Pro.
Being the eternal optimist, I’m also waiting for some more CMP 170HX cards to arrive as I refuse to let GPU mining die…

4 Likes

Received 10 S19 pro 110T hashboards for $400 in their cases without the PSU or control boards which is fine. Of course they all need fixing. 1 hashboard is going to be stripped for parts, and the first board I’m going to fix needs the burnt out MOS tubes replaced with this I got from Zeus already, wish me luck!

4 Likes

Power is getting close to being done, need the gas plumber to come. Small shed will be part time mining shed and in winter it will be a hunting shack. When I get power hooked up I will run one miner with one hashboard on the lowest possible power just for the hot water and pump hot water into a radiator into my biogas greenhouse. I need to make temperatures in there an average of 25 degrees celcius over a 3 week period so the right bacteria will grow and then I can produce biogas, then when I scrub the gas it will run my generator off waste fruit. So I won’t produce an enormous amount of electricity in a mining perspective but on a residential perspective it’s a huge amount and it will make me energy independent for the rest of my life and will allow me to do greater things like homestead more passively

1 Like