What did you do today crypto related? 🚀

Dude awesome!! You 3D printing your own stuff is so cool. Just curious, were the 8 inch infinity fans not enough for the miner? I actually ordered both 6 inch and 8 inch fans and was going to return the 8 inch if the 6 inch didn’t perform. What are your thoughts!? 6 inch won’t be enough?

1 Like

Hey mate I actually printed this as a 10 inch for someone on reddit who contacted me because they had a 10 inch fan but there’s no 10 inch shrouds I’ve seen for miners. I didn’t end up buying the T10 because it was going to cost $1000 shipping lol so I just printed a 10 inch to 8 inch connector and connected my 8 inch fan just to test it. Because you’re keeping stock fans on and blowing directly into the filter box i would think 6 inch would be fine but you will be able to test and see the difference :blush:

3 Likes

The benefits of solo mining vary. usually, its a undervalued coin, with a low net hashrate, and your just trying to get as many coins as possible. Solo is always a gamble, but is very fun, addictive, and can pay off.

1 Like

Sending these 10 inch shrouds off to a guy who asked me to print them for him, he lives in India and said the days there are currently 40-44 degrees Celsius so he needs them ASAP for his S19 J pro, should keep his miner cool!

2 Likes

nicely done!

2 Likes

I eventually managed to resolve an issue with my chia farmer falling over when the node synching hit a certain size. Thankfully the very helpful people on the chi discord channel put me back on the right track and it will soon be fully synced.

I like the whole idea of building a chia farmer from scratch from the roots up.

You can’t see the bulk of the disks. These are situated on the back of the tower. I currently have 40tb hdd space mounted and almost 3 tb nvme ssh enterprise grade disks to crest plots.

1 Like

What site did you buy your KA3’s from?

I just found some decently priced ones on eBay. I actually had a problem with one of them, but the seller was cool and also eBay had my back too so I actually swapped for one that was working correctly.

Okay so I actually have been pretty busy. I busted a cinderblock out of my basement to provide an outlet for the miner exhausts. I have two dedicated 10 gauge armored lines and amps now for each miner. I bought carbon AC infinity filters that are rated for 770 CFM and the two 8 inch infinity fans are rated for 800 cfm, so once the really nice Fruits and Associates shrouds get here I should be open for business for a long period of time. I have seen awesome reviews from the hobbyist and space design warehouse on the AC infinity fans. Thanks again to Mr Mike for all the communication and helping me pick the best quality stuff for mining. I appreciate it bro.

Please tell me you reinforced what you took out with steal @CryptoFreak

It was a non-weight bearing wall. lol We’re good brotha!

Ok I’ve just never seen a cinder block wall not be load bearing unless it’s a school

1 Like

Yeah, I actually live in a home that’s around a century old, so a lot of the stuff done doesn’t really make sense. It has been remodeled many times and had many add ons to the initial structure. I think a lot of the design was what resources were available at different periods in time.

Ok even in turn of century home those were still load bearing walls in basement but I hope u just check with someone.

1 Like

The design is for sure one of a kind. lol :joy: Thanks Smokey. I appreciate you looking out man.

That’s all I’m doing looking out

3 Likes

@dirtyrandy is our fire-alarm/watchmen.

1 Like

Lol last thing I want to here is someone burning house down or collapsing it or scam someone. We already had a mini fire at some guys house on discord because of a gold shell psu since then I’ve been adamant about it @Budgetminer

2 Likes

Oh rip! goldshells box series psu’s seem to be trash

1 Like

Good fire prevention while on the topic I recommend these ELIDE FIRE® Extinguishing ball - YouTube I have them on my miners, lithium battery and 2 in my wife’s electric car and one in my diesel Ute

More crypto related, today I reached out and talked to a local company about getting a biogas generator and bio digester, they will custom build the generator to what I want which they said they can make it a 48v alternator to charge my batteries (because my batteries are 48v) and I am also wanting it to power my house without my batteries if I want to invade something goes wrong with my batteries or solar, I’ll have to go over it with my electrician.

For those unfamiliar with biogas the gas itself I’m pretty sure is identical to natural gas it’s just made different, in my case I’ll be using waste produce from my apple, strawberry and cherry farm and if my calculations are correct I should be able to produce 32MW of power a year from it and should be able to run 10kw of miners 24/7 365 between biogas and solar/battery backup.

Normally we feed the waste produce to cows because otherwise you can breed disease by having the fruit in compost piles so this is also more environmentally friendly and a greater return. Just trying to decentralise my own electricity and get away from that system too :grin:

In terms of cost I expect the price to be 3c/kw USD of the power it produces in its lifetime (my solar will be 1.4c/kw over 25 years with 25 years warranty) I’ll confirm that later :blush: I think it’s pretty cool at least!

4 Likes