Goldshell ordering timelines

For those new to buying from Goldshell… don’t be surprised if you don’t see your product move for a while. There’s always a bunch of posts asking why they have a tracking number but it hasn’t moved in forever.

It usually takes a week from order date for Goldshell to ship. But that is just printing the DHL tracking number. Then it takes about another week to be picked up by DHL and show some movement. Don’t worry, you’ll get your item(s) but expect about 3 weeks from order to your door.

Below is my recent experience with shipment timings to eastern US… hope it helps to set expectations.

Order xxxxx placed Sep 19th
Shipped by GS Sep 28th - 9 days to ship
Picked up by DHL Oct 5th - 7 days to pick up
Delivered Oct 7th - 4 days to deliver
Total days from order to door - 18 days

Order xxxxx placed Oct 13th
Shipped by GS Oct 20th - 7 days to ship
Picked up by DHL Oct 28th - 8 days to pick up
Delivered Nov 2 - 4 days to deliver
Total days from order to door - 20 days

Order xxxxx placed on Oct 25.
Shipped by GS Nov 1st - 7 days to ship
Picked up by DHL Nov 6th - 5 days to pick up
Delivered Nov 10th - 4 days to deliver
Total days from order to door - 16 days

Order xxxxx placed Oct 29th.
Shipped by GS on Nov 10th - 12 days to ship
Picked up by DHL Nov 18 - 8 days to pick up
Delivered Nov 24th = 6 days to deliver
Total days from order to door - 26 days

4 Likes

I’ll add to this JoeJoe

Order placed on Nov 24th
Order shipped on Dec 2nd - 8 days to ship
Set to be delivered on Dec 9th (per DHL) - 7 days for delivery (in theory)

So only 15 days total - assuming DHL delivers on 12/9

I think 15 days is more the exception than the rule and 3 weeks is a better rule of thumb

1 Like

One comment from my side related to DHL HK
I had this problem with GS and some other packages from Shenzhen as well.
What seems to be a good practice that suppliers book transit from Shenzhen to some warehouse in HK, I am not sure if this warehouse belongs to DHL HK but it seems so. You will see DHL status Shipment information received but DHL status will not change for some time. I have experienced delay of 2 weeks between information received and Shipment picked up in October. When you call DHL they will say they don’t have your package and when you call supplier they will claim it is in DHL warehouse.

I was bit worried about situation at the time but it seems to be related to DHL HK “capacity constrains” so just wait it should start moving it just takes bit too long sometimes. Situation has probably improved a lot in meantime with DHL. For me Fedex seems to be working much better than DHL, but with GS you can’t really choose, with other suppliers I am always asking for Fedex delivery…

1 Like

JoeJoe would order placed = order processed??? :grimacing:

Order placed = when I added the item to my cart, did the checkout process, and paid.