Goldshell X5 MIner

@Alexcool @SpragClutch
my X5 is now running since 47 hours on balanced mode instead of low power. The board that went freaky before shows now the second lowest HW error rate of all 4.
So that could probably be the reason.
Unfortunately on this device every setting other than low power does not pay of because of my insanely high power rate.
Therefore I hope that it is probably also the low temperature.
The weeks when the failure occurred I have been in foreign country and did not monitor how cold it really was here. And the low temperature is something that I can control. I had already planned to tinker a kind of bypass with an Arduino controller. So that when the temperature is too low, part of the blown air is directed back into the inlet.

@Deastin I bought my x5, second hand condition, beginning of December from global.dxpool.io.
it was running about 30 days now.

You in the us? What was tax and duty on import?

I am in Germany. Some month ago the free range for low priced items from China has been eliminated. Every imported item will be charged with a tax now. Anyway, our tax rates are different to the US so it may not help you.

Since early December as well. I am pretty sure it was a temperature shock, I turned it of, opened the garage door when it was ververy cold outside and turned it back immediately. And it starts with full fan speed, so I think the chip did not endure the temperature drop. Now it is obviously dead.

I do not have a solution I will probably sell it as is on Ebay. It still appears to give more hashrate than a l3+

Same issue here,
I have 2 units.
Will let you know what happens in a few days.

hashboard error

Apparently high performance mode is for 30 degrees celcius or less and 230v minimum,

the stock psu does well on both 120 and 240 V. The problems discussed above were due to the temperature being too low, not too high.

Mine stopped working, definitely not low temperatures

ill buy it

Anyone had any luck with overclocking or underclocking? I’ve been trying to play around with no luck. Id love to overclock to make the make the most of my solar, and if possible drop the power for a better hash rate ratio to adjust to last my house battery overnight for the best $ per kwh. Thanks

Hey T7LY,

I purchased these fans:
https://noctua.at/en/nf-f12-industrialppc-3000-pwm
(NF-F12 INDUSTRIALPPC-3000 PWM)

However, the X5 doesn’t like them. I’ve tried other fans in the past and they’ve worked, though they weren’t able to keep up with the heat. What did you do to get your Noctuas to work on the X5? I’m running mine in low power mode as it’s the most efficient.

Mine starts spitting out a ton of HW errors when OC’d. I’ve not bothered running it at the higher hash rates because of this. It ends up being a trivial difference in daily earnings.

Hey, I am not sure what X5 doesn’t like them means :slight_smile:
If your problem is that X5 will not start hashing it is cause X5 is checking FAN RPM and it requires above 4000+ RPM (not sure what the exact number is) during boot up check.
What I did is that I put additional small fan spinning 4000+ RPM - Noctua** NF-A4x20 PWM which is feeding X5 with RPM Signal. So your PPC 3000 will be cooling X5 but NF-A4x20 will be feeding it with Signal so X5 is happy that during check that FAN is OK and can reach RPM during Boot.
I am feeding both connectors with same signal.
Another way could be using signal generator but I was not trying I have some at home, I was just not bothering cause everything works OK with small Fan cheat

I am using NF-F12 PPC 2000 without problem so your 3000 will be OK if your ambient temperature is not extremely high. On the other hand I am running on Low Power Mode Only

Let me have more details and let’s see if we can fix this :slight_smile:

I have a X5 and the fist hash board shows odd temps. Any ideas on whats up with it? Is the board having issues. I have it running on balance mode. It seems to be hashing the proper values compared to the other boards.

Did you finish the script? I have solar panels as well. Want to do what you are doing to run them at Hash rate power plan when solar kicks in to off set the cost.

1 Like

Hey yes I did get it to work, but currently just run it on a timer instead of the actual solar reading because I need to get my inverter login details, when I get them I will try to get it to swap power modes depending on the actual solar reading. So at the moment It changes from low power mode to hashrate mode at 9am and changes back to low power at 5pm.

1 Like

That’s great! Would you be willing to share the script?

1 Like

Yep sure, I’ll write up some instructions for it but its pretty simple, you will have to make some changes such as setting it to go to your miners IP, inputting your miners password and possibly might have to make some click class changes because classes by browser are different. for example the website class of using a normal chrome window has a different class then the chromedriver window. Hopefully it’s the same and it shouldnt take anymore than 5-10 minutes to set up.