(KDA miners) Hashpool is back up

Just moved a KD5 and 2 KD Boxes to hashpool. See how it goes and try to help out.

3 Likes

Thanks it seems to be quite visible we are now almost 60 TH, it was not stellar performance of Hashpool so far but more TH will help for sure to be more competitive. I think we all need to give up a bit of profit to give it a chance to grow otherwise it will be going between 10-20 TH while people are testing to get disappointed with profit.
It seems @SpragClutch did a good job in promoting KDA decentralisation - Thanks

2 Likes

16 blocks found today… and still time for more. Still have a ways to go though…

Need to have diamond Hands!

1 Like

Hey all! I just found SpragClutch’s post on reddit. would be awesome for this community to support his post on there as well! Reddit is a whole different community and may bring in more like minded people who feel the same way! Help others see other people switching over and watching the TH keep going up!

Hashpool a 1% Fee PPLNS KDA Pool : kadena (reddit.com)

And BAM! We’re at 24 block rewards for 12/20/2021

To compare,

Yesterday 12/19, there were only 13 blocks rewarded,

And 12/18, there were only 12 blocks rewarded.

It may be working, the more miners that join, the better!

4 Likes

Actually now 18 blocks found in something slightly over 12 hrs, looks good for today !

2 Likes

I’ll switch my kd-box today

3 Likes

This is about what you can expect when just joining… will update again in a couple days.
1 KD Box

For anyone interested on the technical side to why Hashpool will perform better with more hashrates,

I’m summarizing all this from Crypto Mining: Luck, Probability and BlockWithholding Attack | by Luxor Tech | Luxor | Medium , and I encourage you to read this article, as it explains Luck.
Luck of the pool has a big effect on performance. You want your luck to be 1, or close to it. When your pool has 1% of the network, there is a high likely hood that your luck will be far from 1. But, if you jump to 10% of the network, the likely hood of your pool luck being 1 is much more likely. Your luck being at or close to 1 gets better with the more network you gain. Here are some graphs to help, They are from the artlce linked above, (I believe they are referring to the BTC network, but this can be translated to the KDA network as well)

Since Hashpool works off a PPLNS system, luck has a big part in how well miners are paid from their pool. Hashpool will only perform better for miners when their hashrates go up. Ideally when Hashpool gets to 10% of the network hashrates, it will stabilize nicely.

Help get another low fee pool operating for KDA. Commit some of your miners to HashPool - Chains every hash power together

1 Like

whats your current payout on hashpool? Following this thread it looks like the group is trying to get more hash power on the pool to increase profits yet we need to sacrifice current profits from better performing pools to increase profits on hashpool. If this is done, will we be getting more profits than our current pools?

I am using DXpool with a KD box and getting 1.19635 KDA a day consistently.

1 Like

I’m keeping track per day on profits. I’m on the third day of keeping track. Once I get a weeks’ worth of data I’ll post here on profits.

What I can say is that profits right now are not as good as dxpool at this point. Profits do look like they are increasing though. But I want to compile a weeks’ worth of data before coming to an conclusion.

2 Likes

Due to the nature of PPNLS, one week on the pool will be a more accurate number to see the potential.

1 Like

I was not tracking closely and I had just one KD box on Hashpool when total hashpool hashrate was between 10-20 TH so very low and I was around 50-60% of what I would get from poolflare.
With PPLNS system we are rewarded just for blocks found by pool so it is difficult to judge on day / few days sample but as SpragClutch explain with more hashpower more blocks will be found. In fact this will then divide between more people based on they hashpower contribution to pool but reward / TH should go up while pool presence in total network hashpower will grow. For the moment reward is not at the parity with other more mature pools but the whole idea is to have more options and more de-centralisation since poolflare has more presence than it is healthy for network in general. Looking on actual trend pool hashrate doubled over a day and we see many more blocks found as well. The day is not over yet so let’s see but as written above we need some weeks of data one day is not enough to have representative data and yes it will cost us a bit of profit at the beginning. I see advantage over DX pool longterm that reject rate at least for me is much less. Hashpool has a smaller pool fee 1% vs 2% at poolflare and even now it is not very visible due to number of blocks found, it can be advantage once hashpool will get more network share / become more competitive. Patience is the key probbaly simmilar what we need to see KDA price breaking ATH in future :slight_smile: NFA :rofl:

2 Likes

Hash rate is still climbing, been spreading the word and I think a lot of miners want to de-centralize but none are actively working together to solve the kda pool issues. The good news is that the hash rate over tripled in just a few days of everyone coming together in this small group. We have already seen a huge change in block rewards. Fun to see!

4 Likes

The key is to focus on the luck %. This needs to be at or close to 100%. If you look up several posts, you will find why luck is so important.

Plain and simple, Hashpool needs atleast 10% of the KDA Hashrates to be fully competitive with Poolflare. At 10%, the math shows that Hashpools luck will average 100%.

We have a long way to go, but if we can get 7 PH/s on Hashpool, Hashpool will be as good or better than Poolflare.

3 Likes

The short and simple for those that don’t want to go and read the technical stuff is,

As Hashpools hash rate goes up, Hashpools average luck rate will also go up.

Once Hashpool gets to 10% of the KDA/s network (which would be 7 PH/s hash rate), Hashpools Luck rate will stabilize at 100%. Thus, Hashpool will be just as competitive, if not more (due to lower fees) as Poolflare.

The math shows that having anywhere between 10% and 100% of the network hash rate, the luck rating will average 100%.

This is why Hashpool, or any other PPNS pool, would be able to compete with the “Big guy” Poolflare by just having 10% of the networks Hashrate.

But the key is, that Hashpool needs atleast 10% of the networks Hashrate to get its luck rate to 100%.

Otherwise, it will average somewhere around the 70% value and hence not be competitive.

KDA miners, please help get Hashpool to 7 PH/s pool hashrate. It will give KDA miners another low fee competitive pool to pick from. As well as make KDA much more secure by decentralizing.

For an example, today my KD miner earned 0.93 KDA on Hashpool. Hashpool luck value is at 67%. This means that my 0.93 KDA is only 67% of the full potential. If we use a little math to find what I would have gotten from Hashpool if Hashpools luck value was at 100%, I would have earned 1.388 KDA from Hashpool. This is competitive with what I would have gotten from Poolflare.

Short and simple, when Hashpools luck value goes up to 100%, It will compete with Poolflare.

And the only way to get Hashpools luck value up to 100% is to gets its hashrates up to 10% of the networks total hashing power.

When I started earlier this week, Hashpools luck factor was 40% - 50%. With the recent increase in hashrates, Hashpool luck factor has increased to 67%.

Lets keep adding to it!

7 Likes

12/21/21 - Update on current Hashpool status,

Current Hash Rate - 75 TH/s

Current avg luck = 56% - 67%

12/21 - 37 block rewards
12/20 - 24 block rewards
12/19 - 13 blocks rewards
12/18 - 12 blocks rewards

Hashpool servers are located in Hong Kong and Singapore,

USA rejection rate should be roughly 4.36%

Hashpool requires 7 PH/s hash rate to maintain an average of 100% luck,

With 100% luck, Hashpool will payout the same as Poolflare

You can help by committing some of your miners to Hashpool

2 Likes

I confirm I see the profit going up with increase in hashrate but we need many more people to bring it to competitive level so if you own more KDA miners please allocate some of them to Hashpool so we can all benefit from another KDA pool option. I am all in with my miners despite compromising part of actual profits to help to grow this pool.

2 Likes

Trying to gather info,

What are your guys rejection rates from goldshell status page?

FYI, Hadhpools servers are located in Hong Kong and Singapore.

I’m based in the USA and my rejection rates are 4.36% which is alright.

Thanks

Please find below I am in Switzerland.
I am not sure about one thing if it is average reject rate from up time cause I was hashing on poolflare previously and I was not re-starting miners while moving to hashpool so numbers might be misleading.