My First Rig Build AMD RX 5700 XT NVIDIA MIX

I do the same…monero with my cpu while Ravencoin with my gpu…no issues so far… May get a new cpu/mb with more room for gpu’s so may go with a ryzen and get after it :love_you_gesture::love_you_gesture:

about to be done with HiveOS things haven’t been working as smoothly lately and they been having to put out a new update almost everyday to repair all of the bugs and now they want to start charging me no matter how many rigs you have.

then I had this happen I wake up and it looks like all of my overclock settings are being ignored on two GPU’s one is not running at the fan speed set and they both are using 40 watts more than they should be

1 Like

what i told you hiveos is shit for me enought problem witch asic miners on hive never ever in my life hive

I sold a couple of my RX 470’s to buy another 5700 but I am having so much trouble getting more than 6 GPU’s to work on this ASUS B25o mining MOBO. Anyone have any experience with this? I have put it together and taken it apart a few times making sure I have the PSU’s properly separated and wired into the correct spots I can not even get the rig to boot at all to get into BIOS

MeatyMouse - I’m using this board and currently running it with 6 x RX5700s and 3 x RX570s. I have another 3 x RX570s I’m going to put on it when I get a bigger PSU.

I have a 1200w PSU and it struggled to manage the initial power requirements for the 6 x 5700s. I could usually get it going but it would struggle under load. As soon as I added another PSU and more cards, I had the same as you - nothing and couldn’t even get to the BIOS.

When I added the other 1200w PSU to the “B” slots, I tried all sorts of sharing of the motherboard power requirements in order to get 6 GPU’s running again in the “A” slots and the “B” slots For a while I was successfully running 5 RX5700s in the A Slots and 6 RX570s in the B slots but it didn’t remain stable for long. Right now, I have the “A” PSU running all the motherboard power requirements (24pin ATX, 8pin CPU, 3 x 4pin Molex to the PCIEs and the SSD) and then I can get it to run 4 x RX5700s supplying power to the cards and the risers. I have the other 1200w PSU running the remaining 2 x RX5700 as well as 3 of my RX570s in the B slots. I think I could get another RX570 running on the B slots but I’m leaving it for now. It’s pretty stable (considering it’s on Windows) and giving me about 405MH/s in Phoenixminer.

I don’t know what sort of PSU you have but my guess would be power is your problem (given that it runs okay with 6 GPUs in the A slots???).

I’m waiting on delivery of a 1600w PSU and hoping that I will then be able to take this up to an 18 GPU rig - I have 6 more RX570s chugging away on a H110 BTC+ rig.

lol no way I am running a 1300w and a 1200w both EVGA the 1300 is gold and the 1200 platinum

I will try that config you mentioned though

MeatyMouse. I’m not so sure. The max power draw on an RX5700 is 231w although generally they will peak out in the lower 200s. This can often occur during power on so if you are trying to flash up 6 x RX5700s, their risers, the motherboard, the CPU, the fans and a hard drive, it’s not inconceivable that you will quickly exceed your 1300w capacity.

See how you go with different combos.

1 Like

I only have 5 5700’s and 4 470’s I do have 6 GPU’s and the risers for them on the same PSU I will try to mover the riser power to the second PSU instead

I don’t think that will work - well it didn’t for me. I think you have to make a circuit out of each GPU/Riser combination. In other words, the GPU and its Riser need to be on the same PSU. See if it works for you.

What I wasn’t clear on was that I had 6 x 5700s running on one PSU in the A slots, but as soon as I tried to run more GPUs in the B slots, I couldn’t get the rig to work - even 1 GPU in the B slot wouldn’t boot. It was like there was additional power requirements for the Main PSU as soon as I started using the B slots.

1 Like

this totally makes sense because I even tried to only run one PSU with 9 GPU’s and the rig acted exactly the same as having all 9 cards on I think having 5 on one PSU and 4 on the other should work much better hopefully getting tired of rebuilding this damn rig lol

actually you are not right 231watt runing only whan rig is start mining mot on booting on boot runing around 20-50watt,

about risers on my new rig 12risers are conected on first psu with motherboard second psu power up only 12gpu, other rig 1psu mobo,3x gpu,3x risers second psu 3xriser 3x gpu

second you dont need use molex connectors on mobo is you use power risers molex are only for unpowered risers i do check on my mobo power test from molex power is 0 not using nothing

woohooo my RGB lights started working again! lol

1 Like

Ghost lights? What did you do?

i was cleaning the dust and taken them apart and put them back together and they started working

check this out ever since i switched back to pool mining thru nicehash my rigs find higher difficulty share and even my smaller rig is out preforming the larger on as far as highest share difficulty solved

Perhaps changing wattman settings with the miner running on the GPU. I’ve had this on my Nvidia cards as well. Restarting the miner works only once in a while … Restarting the computer has worked every time provided (wattman) resets the frequencies to default values

1 Like

high shares coming 2 days ago something is change as founding much higher shares plus payment also going up 0.10eur can be after new updates for claymore and phoenix. normaly 2month every 4h was pay between 0.00007100-0.00007400btc pass 2 days up between 0.00008000-0.00008600btc here is 2-3days ago his is today high share was found 27.2th