My First Rig Build AMD RX 5700 XT NVIDIA MIX

here are my total hashrates and power consumption

Updated my costs list man I kinda went a bit over board with the upgrades but I am still happy I did it they were totally necessary even if I wasn’t mining I have been wanting to upgrade the air conditioning and electric in my garage but I decided to tack it onto my mining costs anyway because I am confident I will get my investment back plus a nice return when this is all said and done.

GPU Mining Purchase List

$50 PSU 600 W EVGA

$80 PSU 1000 W Rosewill Glacier

$90 PSU 1300 W G2 EVGA

$120 MOBO MSI H81M-E23 Intell CPU 8 GB RAM

$120 MOBO ASUS B250 Mining Expert with Frame and CPU

$80 GTX 1050 ti Gigabyte

$65 GTX 970 Windforce

$330 AMD RX 5700 MSI (New)

$310 AMD RX 5700 MSI (New)

$220 AMD RX 5700 XT Asrock (Used)

$30 Assorted wires and adapters

$50 Hard Drives assorted

$80 Corsair Vengence DDR4 RAM

$200 Portable AC

$100 New Electric Outlets

$80 RGB Fans (6)

$40 2 Computer switch (for running two rigs with same monitor and keyboard/mouse)

$80 Portable Monitor

$50 CPU Cooler and Thermal Paste

TOTAL: $2795.00

Mining Income Per Day: $4.50

Total Days to ROI about: 621

Thank God for free electric.

Here is what I am expected to make a day now with the new GPU and I am still waiting on one more that I already included the cost on my list so when the last GPU gets here and starts mining it should improve my ROI significantly since I am getting about $1 per day for each RX 5700 that I add to my rig.

I love this $30 CPU cooler it works great and looks sweet!

this rig has been killing it on Nicehash this is my average payrate for the last 6 hours

here are the rig stats

what to mine says I should be making less than .98 cents USD per day for each RX 5700 and as you can see I am making almost an extra .50 cents USD per day and yes I am also mining Monero on this rig but I am only getting .4 KH so if I am luck I make a few cents per day from that

Super cool! I just put a 57xt rig together myself. Its crazy that by reducing core clock 1300mHz and voltage to 750 the card will do 50mh/s at ~100w on eth. I will probably look at leveraging some of the powerplay tables to squeeze a few more mh/s but right now I cannot get over the fact that an 8x 57xt build can sit comfortably in a guest room only adding about 10* to ambient, the dang GPU fans dont even spin up.

On stock settings they were pulling 205 watts a piece and the room felt like an oven.

1 Like

I wanted to see if I was getting more than I thought from my other miners on Nicehash. So I have moved my Beam miner to Leafpool and I have stopped mining Monero and started to mine LOKI sp the only thing left mining on Nicehash is my 5 RX 5700’s so let’s see how much they are earning so far.

this is the daily view notice that halfway is when I removed the other miners. Now I will show the last 6 hours.

I am somehow still making 5.40 a day! This means I am making over a dollar per day per GPU and they are only using about 110-140 watts I should be getting my Kill A Watt soon and I will have some more info on my actual power usage. Thank God I do not have to pay for it, but I still try to be efficient.

found another high difficulty share was wondering if anyone has found anymore in depth info into figuring out if you are hitting blocks based on the difficulty of the found shares.

Q006: What is the meaning of the “actual share difficulty” shown by PhoenixMiner when a share is
found?
A: It allows you to see how close you were to finding an actual block (a rare event these days
for the most miners with reasonable-sized mining rigs). You can find the current difficulty for
given coin on sites like whattomine.com and then check to see if you have exceeded it with your
maximum share difficulty. If you did, you have found a block (which is what the mining is all
about).

this is what I have found can anyone help me make sense of this?

What is the Current Ethereum Classic Hashrate? The current Ethereum Classic hashrate ( ETC hashrate) is 8.67 TH/s at block height 10,486,325 with a difficulty of 109,837,291,310,241.00.

does this mean if it says my difficulty of found share is over the 8.67 TH I found a block or something else?

I do not understand how to convert the difficulty given on sites like what to mine to TH or whatever since it just seems they give you a huge number not a speed unless I am just reading it wrong.

or if difficulty is 105 trillion does that mean I need over 150 TH to say that it was possible I solved a block?

I got my new case fans today and I am blown away by how much I love them! the remote can control the fan speed and the brightness as well as the color scheme they are beautiful fans quiet and they move the air that I need moved. If you are in the market I highly recommend these.

2 Likes

Sweet ! might give’em a try ! i’ve got a veta frame waiting for some GPUs, so might slap them on there !

Cheers !

3 Likes

I finally made a video of the fans for y’all please be gentle I’m not a pro like Vosk lol

2 Likes

Lol it’s sideway oops!

Nice video, thanks for sharing. Looks like I’m your first subscriber. :+1:

thanks bro you are too kind that video sucked lol

1 Like

I got my kill a watt today and holy shit I am using way more watts than I thought.

this is my wattage shown by HiveOS