Tips and Tricks and Downloads for GPU Mining Ravencoin in 2020 - KAWPOW Hardfork!

I don’t have anything special, I’m just running the card as is but with the fan curve changed slightly on the gpu and ambient temp is 80f. I’m sure temps will go up as I add more gpu’s, but that’s also why I ordered some fans, just kinda got it stuffed in a corner

2 Likes

Ah, it’s an open case. That might explain why. Mine is a regular case. Fractal Design Meshify C to be exact.

1 Like

Yea, I would have used my Gateway case but it was too small for the gpu, so basically just put everything in the open case and use it as my main pc and mine with it

I’m curious to understand why you went with a 1660Ti mining RVN? It is profitable (with low electricity costs) but there are combos of cards and algorithms out there that will make twice as much on a daily basis (after electricity) and the hardware costs about half the price of a 1660Ti.

1 Like

I went off the video that voskcoin made, what’s another good gpu and Algo to run, I’m pretty new to gpu mining

Ahh I understand. Vosk does lots of different hardware reviews mining various coins so I can see where that combo came from.

TBH I don’t think there is anything that even comes close to an AMD GPU mining Ethash if you are looking at value for money GPU mining right now and for the foreseeable future. There are a couple of threads here with info on how to maximise profits but for example I run one rig which is comprised of 6 RX570s mining Ethash (through Nicehash) and the numbers stack up pretty well.

Your 1660Ti is making about 100 RVN every 3-4 days at 100W. Let’s call it 100 RVN every 3.5 days or 200 RVN per week. And let’s say your power cost is $0.10 per kWh. So your profitability per week is 200 x $0.0205 minus power (100W x 24Hours x 7Days x $0.10) which is $4.10 - $1.68 = $2.42 net profit.

One RX570 set up the way I am using it (settings are shown in this thread Rx580 running too much power) is making me $0.75 per day or $5.25 per week. With power at 86W it is using (86 x 24 x 7 x $0.10) $1.44 per week and so profitability is $3.81 per GPU per week.

Now generally speaking, you can pick up a brand new 8Gb RX 570 for a bit less than half the price of a 6Gb 1660Ti. So if you buy 2 RX570s the comparison looks even worse for the 1660Ti. $350 gets you one 1660Ti making a net profit of $2.42 per week or you can buy 2 RX570s and make a net profit of $7.62 per week.

There are other combos and the AMD RX5700 is also pretty good value for money although demand has driven the price up a bit and made it a bit less value than your basic RX570 or RX580. There’s a bit more info on settings and results for 570s and 5700s on this thread - AMD RX 5600 and 5500 models

Also it never hurts to look at https://whattomine.com/ which right now is telling me that your 1660Ti is slightly more profitable mining Ethash on Nicehash than mining RVN. Keep in mind that the numbers that come out of this calculation are based on standard settings and power usage for the cards, so with tweaking, you can get much better results.

You also want to be really careful mining anything exotic or fringe - it sometimes costs more to turn it into a real crypto (BTC, ETH etc) than any increased profit it might seem to make. Some of these coins are almost impossible to exchange so if you are going to look at mining something a little different, make sure you have a clear path to exchange it to something you can actually use.

2 Likes

This is extremely helpful, and definitely taking this to heart. Looks like I’m going to look into those other gpu’s for sure.

1 Like

0.17usd per kwh 2xr580 nitro make between 6.50-7.20 usd per week :slight_smile:

1 Like

so your profit is low if yours 570 make only 0.75usd a day rx580 0.17usd kwh made more

some time it earning even more

^^^^^^
What site is that?

It appears to be NiceHash.

It’s a site called minerstat and you have to pay if you have more than 1 rig.

first photo minerstat second nice hash. yes for minerstat 1 rig is free for other rig you nee to pay like 1.50usd month. if you wanna have stabil runing high mhs profit plug and play run minerstat. mining os are for large amount rig as is plug and play and everything what you need is integrated, windows is not really stable with updates and other stuff, plus lower mhs, some mobos on 16x slot jumping mhs or have trouble with drivers use more when 6xgpu

for example i have 4 rigs, 3x rig 36xgpu 1x rig 6xgpu. for minerstat i pay 78eur per year for 4x rig = 78eur ÷12month= 6.5eur 4x rig month = 6.5eur ÷ 4rig= 1.62eur per rig month. 1.62eur 12x gph rig mining in 9h so 9h frot pay per month for stabil runing and plug and play is nothing compare to windows etch update for you cost more.
so thing better lost money with updates or pay couple usd or eur and run stable for high profit

some persons cry because need to pay. one day dont shop for you coffe some chocolate or ever and his couple usd or eur make you back double. i like windows also but is not very stable im use just for testing purposes or bios mod, plus windows take alot time to burn fresh win, install drivers testing or it stable, os is simple take 10min to burn in to usb or ssd plug and run. like i say windows can cost more of what you pay for os, second thing i dont need to stay close to rig to change something i can do it be app any where in world shut down rig, power on again, restart change pools,coins or even runing auto coin switch without touching rig

You do understand that not everyone has the problems that you have with Windows, right?

I don’t have any stability issues on the world’s most common PC operating system - it just runs until I tell it to stop. It doesn’t update unless I want it to because you can like … turn that off if it’s a problem for you. It doesn’t cause MH/s “jumping” on the 16x slot and the stability of the graphics driver on my larger rigs is not an issue for me - have you ever considered that it might be something you are doing wrong.

I also can access any of my rigs on Windows from anywhere in the world and do whatever I want with them and all of that costs me nothing per month!!!

I also have no problems with the hash rate of 185mH/s on 630W shown in the following pics (492W from the 6 RX570 GPUs hashing at 185mH/S and 628W at the wall

as compared to your 193mH/s on 930W - as shown in your pic here from a couple of days ago.

I think that speaks for itself.

I get it that you like Minerstat and Linux, but that’s no reason to continually carry on about Windows not working. It doesn’t work for you and that’s okay, but it is a better option for many others so just leave it to them to decide what they want to use.

do not compare 570 with 580, 580 draw more power from etch riser it nothing do with windows or linux im alredy told you power draw windows or linux is same 930watt, plus dont compare what show your miner software as is showing power usage off gpu not of hole rig, second miner software 580 is identicaly yours different is rx580 use extra power from riser plus r580 make more shares of rx570, second your rx570 600watt compare 930 rx580 made exactly same profit per month (±)5-10 usd. i see you dont understanding how is working power usage between different cards. for example rig1 use 500w profit after bill 10usd, rig2 use 1300w profit after bill is same 10usd

you need to watch profit not watt usage, share your nicehash day profit

Actually you don’t understand - some of that is even true but it’s not relevant.

It boils down to hash rate per watt. I’m getting 0.285mH/W (185/630) and you are getting 0.208mH/W (193/930) so at the same power cost and mining the same algorithm (Ethash whether on Phoenix or Claymores), I’m making a bigger profit than you. In fact I’m making 37% more than you are.

Here’s a screen shot from my RX570 rig taken a few minutes ago showing daily profit (in two grabs)

That’s AUD$6.32 per day which is about USD$4.50 per day. That’s almost exactly the same as the daily income on your 930W rig as shown in your picture about 10 posts up. And I’m only paying for the power consumption of 630W, so at the $0.17/kWh rate that you say you are paying, that means your daily power cost is $1.22 more than mine. And your RX580 Nitros cost a lot more than my RX570s.

I’ve never said it is anything to do with Linux or Minerstat - that’s you jumping to conclusions. But if as you say it’s completely down to the fact that the 580 draws more power than the 570, then why would you buy a 580???

All I’m saying is that you don’t have to jump on every post that suggest Windows mining and give us your entire history of problems with Windows. If you just suggest Minerstat as an alternative to consider without carrying on in 8 consecutive posts about how bad Windows is, then people can try it for themselves.

Nuff said!

nope you again not right rx580 use 0.21mh/w and profit is high of your,have along today my stats of nh plus today i have some isues with internet so couple cent is less as normally and egain you not right as profit you can in your country country money is higher of your

and here is how much mh/w at 930watt from wall again you are not right